Thursday 29 July 2010

Oh the horror!

So my brother has rented Paranormal Activity to watch tonight, I'm a bit dubious. You see I'm normally scared ridiculously easy and so you can forgive me for buying into the whole 'scariest film of ALL time' hype. I did buy into it annnd to be honest I wasn't scared at all..weird. That was several months ago and to be fair, I did watch it on my laptop. Maybe tonight on an actual TV it'll have more of an effect on me, hmmm.


This is coming from the girl who was scared witless by such classics as The Mothman Prophecy and The Haunting.


Horror films seem to have a bit of a bad rep in Hollywood, I mean, when was the last time we saw one win an Oscar? Or anything for that matter, other than a Razzie, of course.


I think it's time the horror genre had a revival, bring back the Halloweens and Texas Chainsaws. Surely there is something wrong with a genre when people call films like Paranormal 'a classic'.


No comments:

Post a Comment